[OSM-talk] POI Viewer in distance

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:46:50 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I've been sharing my location with the website (Firefox 17, old version of
Ubuntu) and still got the grey box. I zoomed out / in and got a map to
display, but without any POIs. I scrolled to Jakarta and the map tiles and
POIs worked as advertised.

Could the grey screen be a rendering issue? You're rendering your own tiles
rather than using the ones at osm.org - so areas in Indonesia are likely
going to be pre-rendered and cached. You presumably haven't pre-rendered my
home town (Oxford, UK), however, so there's no tile to show. I imagine that
if I waited long enough the tile would render and I'd see the image.

Likewise for the POI data, are you only providing this for Indonesia?

Speaking of rendering your own tiles, I noticed that some areas are showing
old data - Lembang, Bandung, for example - is this caused by not importing
more recent data, or by keeping old tiles in the cache?

The site does look impressive, hopefully we'll be able to sort out the
remaining little issues.

Best, Joseph