[OSM-talk] Garmin Hack Weekend at Linuxhotel Essen - Germany

Gehling Marc mgehling.osmml at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:11:07 GMT 2012

Dear garmin maps maker,

We are planning a Garmin OSM Hack Weekend [1].

The aim is to bring together the makers of Garmin maps, so that the maps are better
and implement two ideas:
- A landing page for absolute beginners describes the use of existing Garmin maps, allows a choice and is being maintained
- A map generator that allows anyone to create custom maps with different styles and regions.

Through this service, we want to make the OSM maps with cyclists and hikers known and we hope to attract new mapper.

Participants should thus produce either already own garminmaps or have desire to work on the landing page and the map generator.

Steve Ratcliffe, the developer of mkgmap already committed and I hope that you, too, to the date the time and inclination.

1.2.-03.02.2013 at Linuxhotel Essen [2]

The Linux Located on the edge of Essen in a lovely private park
◦ We will stay in a double or single room
◦ we can work in 3 seminar rooms
◦ The "fireplace" is used as a breakfast room, and for the social round
◦ Open WiFi on the whole site
◦ breakfast, bed and drinks for the whole day are included in the price

Thanks to the support [3] by the FOSSGIS eV amount the participant cost for the three days (ie, breakfast, bed, drinks) to a maximum of 30 euros.

To register, please send me a mail with your arrival date, your departure dates.and whether a single or double room is required. (Two single rooms and 8 double rooms are available)

This email get all that are on the list (# http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Garmin_Project Maps_and_their_creators). If you do know someone who should come, write me a note.

with friendly greetings
Marc Gehling

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Garmin_Project