[OSM-talk] public_transport=platform not rendered

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Nov 18 15:29:25 GMT 2012

On 18 Nov 2012, at 13:14, Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a million highway=bus_stop nodes, they are rendered, and there's no very good reason to change them.
>
> There are 118,000 public_transport=platform nodes, of which 67% also have highway tags.
>
> I'd just put highway=bus_stop on the public_transport=platform nodes (if they are bus stops), and be done with it.

+1

I don't see the benefit of changing all the highway=bus_stop to something else, when we have loads of them already, and they are the defacto way to map bus stops. It's easy enough to use some form of tag transform to convert them into the new format if you are a data user who prefers them that way.

What about railway=platform?

Shaun