[OSM-talk] public_transport=platform not rendered

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:18:01 GMT 2012

I always read that paragraph as something transitional. But apparently
transition doesn't happen over 1,5 years, maybe 15 years is more realistic.
Although I'd expect another proposal would have emerged and possibly
approved by then... Hopefully one that allows for route relations to be
composed of subroutes between stops or for the common parts where many bus
routes use the same ways.

I would have at least expected the tags to be rendered by now. If not the
whole proposal/voting process happening on tagging and the wiki is kind of
moot, not to say almost useless. An exercise in futility. But maybe that's
why there is not a lot going on there anymore.

I wasn't going to change 1 million nodes, just convert the ones that I was
touching anyway and create the new ones as public_transport=platform. I'll
stick with highway=bus_stop instead. And keep increasing the statistics in
favour of that one. I hate wasting memory space and precious bandwith on
tagging stuff with two tags that supposedly have the same meaning.

Polyglot