[OSM-talk] obsolete TIGER-tags

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:48:42 GMT 2012

Yeah, in preparation for Operation Cowboy I have tried to get a few
things done to make things easier on remote mappers.

I sent a pull request to update the P2 imagery URL to point at a new
set of TIGER road name tiles that have all the abbreviations expanded
so there is less uncertainty for armchair mappers who may not know all
the commonly used abbreviations in the U.S.

Then I had the P2 source sitting there mocking me so I learned just
enough actionscript to add the tiger tag removal code as well.

Last night I also added the road name tiles to the list of available
imagery in JOSM, complete with a little tiger icon for the menu :)

I'm not sure if there was a deployment of P2 to osm.org planned this
week. I'll poke someone and see.

Toby