[OSM-talk] Searching OSM

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Oct 1 19:17:58 BST 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 17:20 +0100, Gregory wrote:

> Where did you spot this happening, have a look at the history to see
> if you can identify the user (especially if it is a recent edit).

The node on the map is here,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.32974&lon=-2.5678&zoom=16&layers=M

however I have fixed it. It was lasted edited in 2009. Am amazed that no
router had picked it before. At the moment the routing error can still
be seen here http://map.project-osrm.org/1r6 It will probably be fixed
tomorrow morning when the update happens.

Phil

> Have you considered sending a nice message to that user, explaining
> the problem and offering your support in answering any questions they
> have. You can also direct them this page which has nice pictures.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Barriers#Node_barriers
>

> It's no good changing the problems and not helping the cause of the
> problems. Plus, you get to make a new friend by sending them a
> message.

I will send one if I find any more.

Thanks
Phil