[OSM-talk] What is the point of having a restrictive license...

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:39:42 BST 2012

2012/10/2 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
> 1. Microsoft mixing OSM data and aerial imagery to obscure military
> installations in Germany, January 2012, nothing substancially happened
> so far
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bing/2012_Germany_Military_Blurring

I have to apologize that indeed something happened here. Bing is
reportedly using different sources to blur their newest imagery. I had
read the above wiki page and clicked on some links which still showed
OSM-based blurs and had concluded that this issue is not going
further, but it appears it is only delayed (there was an announcement
by Bing that it would be corrected until the middle of the year, and
they will continue to remove OSM data, but it is simply a little bit
slow).

cheers,
Martin