[OSM-talk] [OSM-talk-fr] Continued aggression against French contributors (cadastre integration)

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Oct 18 12:45:43 BST 2012

Hi martin,

> please also see the other side's motivation: there is good reason not
> to put meta data into the main database but on a changeset level,
You have to prove such a claim and then compare it to the "bad reasons not to"

> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/source#values
> (There are roughly spoken more than 7 times cadastre source-tags than
> there are for example source=bing tags)

A lot of good work isn't it ? and well identified !

> Maybe someone of the French
> community (or someone else) has the time and expertise to code an
> extension for JOSM which would allow to change between multiple
> accounts on the fly
I don't see reasons why we (french communities) should create that plugin
ourself. In open source software developement, those who look something as a
problem should fix it themself. We don't have problems with our way of doing
yet, the DWG has.

However, if someone comes with a JOSM patch to support changeset tags in an
extended .osm file format like :
<changeset_auto_applied_tags>
 <tag k="comment" v="This comes from an automated generated .osm file of
cadastre buildings and was (hopefully) improved by hand" />
 <tag k="source" v="Cadastre XXXX" />
</changeset_auto_applied_tags>

I'll be glad to correct, on my side, the building .osm file export toolchain
to include that.

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org