[OSM-talk] Scientific/Species Data in OSM Database - Collaborators

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Mon Oct 22 09:09:45 BST 2012

i am interest with biodiversity, right now, i create a database, and
yes, it is opensource

see the website www.strainstory.com, we have both biotope information
and also the species , we focus for biodiversty work in Indonesia,
which i am personally interest with.

the biotope example such as lake
http://www.strainstory.com/backend/user/detailb?biotopeRiver.id=4028828e36a98d200136a9b3076d0009

and species example such as fish
http://www.strainstory.com/backend/user/detail/ff808181355a2dd301355a3b79a80001

right now we will use camel from Apache , an ESB system.

the ESB will read from my database, and save to OSM database, as POI.

we have 5 project related to POI management, and still seeking
information, should our data save to the OSM? or it is better become
one layer on top of leaflet (we use leaflet from cloudmade).