[OSM-talk] opendata diagram

Maurizio Napolitano napoogle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:01:24 BST 2012

If you read the opendefinition

“A piece of content or data is open if anyone is free to use, reuse,
and redistribute it — subject only, at most, to the requirement to
attribute and/or share-alike.”

(here more details - http://opendefinition.org/okd/)

you can understand that the CC-NC, CC-ND and the mix of this aren't
open license.
these are public licenses
Jordan Hatcher - the main author of the ODbL and the project Open Data Commons -
made this schema

http://www.jordanhatcher.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Open_v_Public_licenses_Venn.002-001.png