[OSM-talk] Adding key info from good email threads to help.osm.org? -- Re: [Tagging] name of river/admin area

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 3 21:04:41 BST 2012

On 03/09/2012 21:30, Jaakko Helleranta.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there some policy or common understanding of how key info from good
> email threads should/could be added to help.osm.org
> <http://help.osm.org>? .. I mean, it of course only takes someone to
> ask a question -- but if some_one_ wants to add someone's question and
> then answer it, too, then how does that work?
>
> Colin: Would you like to answer your question at help.osm.org
> <http://help.osm.org>? ... (This seems a bit complicated, as a
> procedure, eih?)
I *think* you are suggesting that I *ask* the question there?

Once a discussion has died down, some actually result in some level of
consensus (suprising though it may sometimes seem). It would be great if
we could then edit out all the tangential stuff and link the original
question to the consensus, with a link to the full debate if anyone's
interested. Let's call it an 'FAQ'...

Colin