[OSM-talk] Shoud OSM Help move to Stackexchange community?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Sep 9 16:43:35 BST 2012

On 9/9/2012 11:33 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> As for authentication: I don't buy the 'That would make me sign up to
> a new thing and I would need to remember another password' argument
> and in general I strongly support integrating OSM authentication with
> existing authentication domains.

   I agree here - because it would still use OpenID, etc the only thing
to lose would be the capability to reuse the OSM password.   But as we
all know, reusing passwords across sites is a poor security practice and
should be discouraged.

    The added exposure through StackExchange can only help.  Highly
technical people are part of the population profile we are trying to
attract.