[OSM-talk] Shoud OSM Help move to Stackexchange community?

Mike mike.cuttlers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:32:23 BST 2012

I vote against this.

One thing that always bothered me on OSM is that for every new section
of the OSM I had to open new account. That is ridiculous. It there were
not other reasons I liked OSM I would go away just for that.

I do not think that if user needs help he has to open new account to get
it would help recruiting new people. žon the contrarz, OSM shozld work
on that user opens single account on OSM and use it for everything he
does on OSM.

About recruiting...

Generally, I agree that there is a need for more people. But, I do not
think new people should be recruited for all cost. If OSM goes that way
it will become new Google where ignorants enter false or low quality
data all the time. Fixing bad data on map is much harder than entering
it from scratch.

OSM does need more mappers, but mappers who do know haw to do quality
mapping.