[OSM-talk] I would like to add names in languages of French Polynesia. How to do ?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Sep 12 10:30:27 BST 2012

On 12/09/12 10:25, Miloš Komarčević wrote:

> For example, writing system for a language can also include specifics
> of the script as one language can be written down in multiple scripts.
>
> As I've been arguing before, I think OSM should start following BCP 47 [1].

I thought we mostly did, except perhaps for a tendency to use underscore
instead of dash as the separator.

I was actually just hunting through the IANA registry to see if I could
find variants for the languages in question - you can find it here:

   http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry

Haven't found anything yet, though I did discover that en-GB-scouse is a
valid tag ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)