[OSM-talk] Licence change

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Thu Sep 13 22:32:53 BST 2012

>> announcements (in means of lessons learned): within a multinational
>> worldwide project it is recommended to add a time zone if a time is given.
> I'd expect it to be either zulu-time-zone (UTC+0) or British summer
> time (UTC+1) (because the seat of OSMF is in London). It should be
> only relevant to you,
But that's exactly what I pointed on: "I'd expect" and "It should", that
reflects the missing information that I suggested to add in future
announcements. If you are used to work in worldwide distributed projects
in busness then adding a time zone (or make it location based like
"Munich time") is normal for you (in that case: for me).

> if you download data from the API, given that it
> is supposed to be legally impossible to make a soft license transition
> by applying diffs to a cc-by-sa planet.
could IMHO also happen if you download data from the API prior the
licence change to an offline editor (e.g. JOSM) and afterwards upload
edits based on this cc-by-sa data to the ODBL-API.

Best regards,
Michael.