[OSM-talk] Import guidelines & OSMF/DWG governance

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:13:48 BST 2012

2012/9/18 Christian Quest <cquest at openstreetmap.fr>:
> My questions are:
> - Who decided this change (recommendation -> requirement) ?
> - What has been the process that lead to this major change ?

not sure about this, but I definitely support the decision, because it
was a real problem in the past when imports could not easily be
distinguished from individual and original contributions.

> - Do we need a separate account for each dataset imported ?

IMHO at least, but in the case of datasets with different licenses in
different countries (e.g. CORINE) it should be even a separate account
for every country.

> - What is the benefit when hundreds/thousands of contributors are
> upload subsets of a larger dataset after manual review/improvement of
> the original data ?

sort out license issues easier.

cheers,
Martin