[OSM-talk] Import guidelines & OSMF/DWG governance

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Sep 18 13:04:08 BST 2012

> well, not sure where this comes from and if it makes sense: I don't
> see a real obstacle as email addresses are not a scarse ressource (you
> get as many as you like for free), but I agree that it seems to be
> better to allow the same email address for multiple accounts (would
> make it more probable that someone is monitoring the inbox = more
> likely you will be able to communicate with the mapper if he can use
> his usual email address).

   This is a very real problem - it is not helpful if the email account
is unmonitored, or even allowed to be deleted due to inactivity.
However there is a relatively easy solution:

   If your primary account is not gmail.com, get a single gmail account.
  Each import account would add a unique identifier to the email address
with the + sign for example -

http://evernotefolios.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/multiple-email-addresses-with-one-gmail-account/