[OSM-talk] Import guidelines & OSMF/DWG governance

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:42:26 BST 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> The user had been contacted by DWG
> beforehand because he had imported several millions of objects under his
> account,

Sounds as a mass, uncontrolled import but is not. This user is very
active and well known in the French community and nobody came to us
complaining about the quality of his imports.

:
> I don't think it is a major change, but anyway I think it would be wrong to

Once the change is invoked to be the single reason justifying a user
account block, it is a major change.

> DWG does also not usually require people to use a separete import account if
> they are doing small imports (even though the policy does not mention an
> exception for small imports). This, however, was orders of magnitude above
> "small".

What is the difference between one small import well done by 100 users
and 100 small imports well done by 1 user ? Excepted that this crazy
man should be congratulated by all of us ?

Pieren