[OSM-talk] Import guidelines & OSMF/DWG governance

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Wed Sep 19 01:23:55 BST 2012

On 18.09.2012 15:42, Pieren wrote:
>> The user had been contacted by DWG
>> beforehand because he had imported several millions of objects under his
>> account,
> Sounds as a mass, uncontrolled import but is not.
Didn't you read what Frederik and others wrote?

> This user is very
> active and well known in the French community and nobody came to us
> complaining about the quality of his imports.
The user was contacted, he didn't react as I understood. There for he
was "short time blocked". That's a very fair and fine reaction from the
DWG. The user was not banned or something, just blocked for short time
to gain his attention.
And: why should the DWG contact the french community at first? The user
being is the contacted, which is sufficient accoording to my
understanding. If the user likes it he can involve the community. But
that's not the job ob the DWG. And I even would avoid to do so for
privacy reasons.

Best regards,
Michael.