[OSM-talk] Import guidelines proposal update

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Wed Sep 19 22:26:11 BST 2012

On 19.09.2012 18:42, sly (sylvain letuffe) wrote:
> Although I agree we shouldn't forget the past to avoid repeating the same
> mistakes but since every cases beeing different, I'm proposing to let local
> communities decide what they think is good for them.
But only if it is not completely opposed to the consensus and well
accpeted practice used since long term by teh rest of the worldwide
community. Because there is not a "OSM France project" and a "OSM
Germany project" and .... but ONE (!) worldwide OSM project. So there
must be some (not a complete) concord, otherwise OSM would not work.

> Still, I believe every local community is happily discussing it internationaly
> to know and learn from other
 From my very personal opinion I always try to follow the international
community and not do some special German behavior. There are some very
special issues where this can't be avoided. But these are not on basic
issues like using seperate accounts but special points (e.g. as already
mentioned the use of "motorroad == yes") . And that's one reason why I
do not only read the talk.de ML but also the international talk ML. And
that's also the reason I like to join international events like SOTM
where the international community meets.

Best regards,
Michael.