[OSM-talk] Improved coastline view in OSM Inspector

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 21 21:27:19 BST 2012

2012-09-21 Jochen Topf

pb>> Invalid geometry definition : Invalid for some unspecified reasons. This is never supposed to happen and must be fixed.
pb>> This definition is ambiguous to me. Do you mean that we should not see this error or that we have to fix something.

> This is described a bit better on the wiki page for this view at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Inspector/Views/Coastline

> I changed the short message to be a bit more helpful:
> "Geometry is invalid for some unspecified reason. Fix all other errors shown
> and this should go away."

Jochen, looking more deeply without showing lines, I found that the problem arises north of Long Island New-York where we see Intersection nodes. In fact, i see two coaslines polygons crossing one over the other.
Thanks a lot for this.

Pierre