[OSM-talk] Street/POI Index from OSM data

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 22:33:34 BST 2012

Hello,

I am rather new to OSM data.  I've enjoyed doing edits on the map and now
I'd like to start learning how to arrange it on a printed page.

I know there are lots and lots of tools out there.

Could I receive a few recommendations for getting some text data out?

I was thinking I might need to use Osmosis.  Some pointers would be very
helpful.

I would like to:

Select a bounding box (I can produce lat/lon)
Get a list of street names'
Output a CSV file (or other text file)

Select a bounding box (I can produce lat/lon)
Get a list of POIs
Output a CSV file (or other text file)

For these I would also like to be able to get any other attributes/keys
like description text or other things.

Thank you to each of you for all the work you do!

Alex