[OSM-talk] All you've ever wanted to know about the french cadastre

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Thu Sep 27 16:05:16 BST 2012

On 27/09/2012 16:45, SomeoneElse wrote:
> Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
>> Without the isolated clusters of buildings, how would you know that
>> some important
>> roads are missing ?
> Visiting the village and walking around it?
Are we now reaching the crux of this discussion ? Do you believe that
local survey is a requirement for mapping ? I don't and I back my
position with all the places I have mapped without having visited them -
I'm curious about what criticism you'll express about the quality of my
work.

If the opposition to mapping with the assistance of cadastral data is
grounded in opposition to the principle of remote mapping, then we have
a problem - and maybe you should talk to everyone who uses some provider
of orbital imagery in the source tag.