[OSM-talk] All you've ever wanted to know about the french cadastre

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 16:36:48 BST 2012

Pieren wrote:
>> Visiting the village and walking around it?
> This village is named "Condom". That's probably why you remember it
> and forward this example from time to time. Would you come if we
> organize a mapping party at "Condom" ? (I said "mapping" party). But
> hey, the village "is" mapped. We just miss the access to all isolated
> dwellings around.
> I'm sure in UK, all accesses to isolated dwellings are already mapped.
> Like here :http://osm.org/go/eujKAYlx3-

Now that is a cheap dig ;)

The buildings are not traced either, but are present on streetview, however the
absence of a track on streetview would indicate that this is a private driveway
and probably gated access. At the present time it is NOT common practice to add
driveways unless they access more than one property or are open to the public.
Now if you think that we should add ever driveway then I'd be quite happy to
include that in my workflow :) In this case it would need a local survey to
ascertain access rights. We do not assume that where there is no data available.
Further west you will find that the firing ranges on Salisbury plains have some
gaps as well :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL