[OSM-talk] Réf.: Re: All you've ever wanted to know about the french cadastre

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 09:21:53 BST 2012

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> My thinking is that the source tag would be better placed on the changeset
> rather than polluting the whole db with source tags and source tags for each and
> every tag on each object which is starting to happen. You can then use the
> changeset info to synthesise the source info down to the tag and geometry.

This will show my ignorance, but having tried to look at history on bits WHILE
IN POTLATCH, I don't see how to do this? I don't think you can see who created
an object?

I need to get back to JOSM and dig a bit deeper under the skin. I'd downloaded
the shortcut crib sheet only to find it needs updating, but I need to spend a
few more hours using it.

It *IS* important to identify the sourse of an object and what work has already
been done on it, but I'm not sure what facilities are provided to do that?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL