[OSM-talk] About attribution to authors

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Fri Sep 28 17:58:55 BST 2012

Hello Mike,

On 28.09.2012 18:16, Mike wrote:
> What is mean of giving proper author attribution? All I can see is that
> OpenStreetMap is presented in copyright notes, not actual authors. The
> only way I found out to see author attribution is to download openstreet
> data and then search there.

we recently switched the license from CC-BY-SA to ODbL. With this new
license the single author no longer needs attribution.

In case you want to know the history of a single element there is no
need to download the data set, you can query it on the web interface.
For example here for the node ID 1:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1/history

Stephan