[OSM-talk] Who Did It?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 12:35:50 BST 2012

Ilya Zverev wrote:

> I'm sorry, the database was turned off for an hour, because there was a major
> problem with utf8 encoding, and I had to reupload the sql dump. Now it's back
> online, updating normally.

I've been having a skeet at the code and it does irritate me that people still
use MySQL for what I class 'heavy' data management. With Firebird I have a
background backup happening on all the customer sites with an rsync to a backup
machine. Your PHP code has a nice base for a job I need to get done - in PHP -
so the first thing is to convert the database bit :)

Thanks for the kick start!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL