[OSM-talk] Imagery Boundary?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Mon Apr 1 04:39:02 UTC 2013

Re: the topic in general:

People against the boundaries:
Please understand that they are considered highly useful in some areas and situations.

For Hispanola (Haiti + Dominican Republic) the boundaries are maintained and used; pls don't mess around with them. I've also maintained the boundaries for some of the Central American countries and they are very helpful in mapping in the area.

The above noted, deletions to the above noted boundaries will directly negatively impact mapping activities and piss off active contributors in the area.

(I've also added imagery boundaries -- and have mapped or planned to map -- in at least Finland, Sweden, Spain, Senegal, Rwanda, and some other African countries. Messing up those boundaries may also have a negative impact to mapping.)

Cheers,
-Jaakko

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta