[OSM-talk] Imagery Boundary?

ingalls nicholas.ingalls at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 11:42:48 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

owner of each way was contacted to ask if removal was ok. As I stated in
the pm I sent that, I will only delete the way if they say that I am good
to do so or if they do not respond and based on their edits are obviously
not contributing members to osm. For those who do own and maintain
boundary=imagery ways, I have no intention of deleting them unless you give
me the ok!

Finally, I have spent the last few hours going over almost every example in
the database, and I can say that the majority of these boundaries are
woefully outdated and currently serve no purpose.

> all data in the database is subject to change and will become obsolete,
there is nothing
> unusual in that happening here

Yes that is certainly true! Couldn't agree with you more! Except in this
case, Bing is constantly updating their imagery, it is not a matter of if
they are going to change only when.

Pieren
+1 for the plugin, it is fantastic!

Jaakko Helleranta
The last thing I want to do is interfere with anything related to HOT or
mappers in general. I have said several times, I am doing this because I
love to the map and I want to remove some data that has become woefully
outdated in the majority of the cases. I am mass editing nor running a bot,
everything is done entirely by hand! That being said, if the boundaries
still serve a useful purpose, that is your prerogative and I have no
intention of removing them if told not to. I knew when I suggested this
that I would get some heat so by asking the owner of each individual way,
and not simply mass editing I hope to not trample on too many feet!

Tl;dr I won't be removing ways without the permission of the user who last
edited the way! If the last editor of the way gives me permission, I will
delete the way. That being said, if you are not the last editor of the way
but want the way back as it is still useful, PM me and I will certainly
revert the changeset.

Cheers & happy mapping,
ingalls