[OSM-talk] Why do we have so many registered users with zero edits ?

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Sat Apr 13 10:16:29 UTC 2013

On 12/04/2013 23:08, Johan C wrote:
> The question is: how do we unlock this giant community potential?

Leaving aside the registered users who've never edited, the majority of
editors have made very few edits.  It's not that uncommon to see people
make edits with a 5 year gap in between.

At the risk of being slightly heretical, I think that it's OK that OSM
is a resource that people can use and perhaps update occasionally
without actually "becoming mappers".  I update wikipedia occasionally,
but haven't for months.  I have no desire to become a "wikipedian".

Cheers,
Andy