[OSM-talk] Why do we have so many registered users with zero edits ?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Apr 13 13:33:46 UTC 2013

Just a further data point. As of the end of last month we had edits from
324'152 unique UIDs, not quite 30% of all accounts (some of the
changesets are likely to be empty, but the number is still quite a bit
larger than the often quoted 200'000).

While there is clearly room for improvement in converting account
creators to contributors, I believe the number is actually quite good.
It would be interesting to compare our numbers with data from other
commercial operations, say FB, however what I have seen from their SEC
filings is that they do not show numbers for actual active users (vs.
just logging on).

Simon