[OSM-talk] Disappearing nodes from wheelmap.org

Christoph Bünte christoph at sozialhelden.de
Thu Apr 18 12:08:57 UTC 2013

Am 18.04.2013 um 13:33 schrieb André Riedel:

> Hi,
>
> do you still support only poi nodes instead of areas too (e.g. buildings, parks, ...)? If so, one reason could be the change from poi nodes to better poi areas.

Thanks to Frederik Ramm we also support ways for more than a year now. My first guess was that there was something wrong on our servers. But everything works fine. That's why i think there a conversion from one tag to another going on. As it is happening all over the world this might be something with public transport. But i couldn't figure out which.

> For example:
> Previously tagged node of a restaurant is replaced by a more complex way. This way represents the whole restaurant building and is of course tagged with the wheelchair-key.
>
> Next question: Could you show the best entrance to a restaurant, if one is accessible by a wheelchair and the second one not?

No, we don't. Is this a feature request?