[OSM-talk] Native American/First Nation, etc. Reservation Boundaries

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Mon Apr 22 18:02:37 UTC 2013

On 21.04.2013 21:33, Clifford Snow wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org
> <mailto:baloo at ursamundi.org>> wrote:
>
>     I still maintain Scotland, North Ireland and Wales are analogous
>     situations
>

> You might then include Iraqi Kurdistan. I don't know how it is rendered,
> but it sounds very similar.

Think the main problem is that we have to distinguish between the
borders manifested by law and others.

For example regions names or tribal/cultural areas often do not have a
certain border and might even flow.

If defined by law there are still major differences between countries.
If administrative rights are involved it should fit within admin_level
but noone prevents us to use more than one description (eg. admin_level
plus protected_area.

Yes, there should be no problem if the area crosses higher admin_level.

cu
colliar

Ein Dateianhang mit Bin�rdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr��e  : 262 bytes
Beschreibung: OpenPGP digital signature