[OSM-talk] Changing language in OSM tile server

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 10 09:12:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 10.08.2013 10:27, Gurpinder Chahal wrote:
> I'm trying to change language in my OSM tile server.

If you want you can have a look at

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik-german/

where the standard style has been modified to display German names. You
would have to modify your osm2pgsql default.style file, or import using
"hstore", so that in addition to the name column, the name:xx tags are
also imported.

The problem with the rectangles you describe seems to be a font issue;
make sure you have the "unifont" enabled and installed.

Bye
Frederik