[OSM-talk] Using iD

John Firebaugh john.firebaugh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 00:46:30 UTC 2013

Hi Arnie,

If all you want to do is display your own tiles as a background layer in
iD, you can use one of the existing deployments (openstreetmap.org,
openstreetmap.us/iD/release/) and use the "Custom" background option, or a
custom "background" parameter as described
here<https://github.com/systemed/iD/blob/master/API.md#url-parameters>
 (example<http://openstreetmap.us/iD/release/#background=custom:http://a.tiles.mapbox.com/v3/jfire.map-q93ht09j/{z}/{x}/{y}.png&map=20.00/-77.02271/38.90085>
).

If you want your own deployment of iD with your tiles baked in as preset
background layer, you'll need to clone the repository and edit the
imagery.json <https://github.com/systemed/iD/blob/master/data/imagery.json>file.

John