[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Sat Aug 17 21:37:07 UTC 2013

> And most of newcomers do small changes for "a try".

If we're going to continue to assume that newcomers are dumb and
destructive, disabling new user signups would do the trick better than
subtly judging them and handicapping applications that empower them.

> But I was extremetely surprise to see "twitter" and "facebook" after the
save action.

Moving on to more issues, I guess? Anyway, like everything else you've
brought up, you could have and should have searched the issue tracker, and
you would have found:

* https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/1687
* https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/1452
* https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/1571