[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 22:35:36 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Kathleen Danielson
<kathleen.danielson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually love the social features in iD.

It is strange to see that some are trying to escape from google maps
controling (geo)data just to fall down immediatly to other companies
controling data (privacy)....

> you could have and should have searched the issue tracker

None of them suggesting to change this as opt-in instead of opt-out.
Marketing I guess ? Any plan for the "fb like" and "g+" buttons near
the changesets history tab ?

And I'm surprised that iD is asking to modify my OSM user preferences.
I understand the read access but not the write access.

Pieren