[OSM-talk] New welcome page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 13:18:19 UTC 2013

Could we extend the basic terms on the new welcome page?

I'd find it useful to point out, that tags are k/v pairs and that ways consist of nodes.

After the way description there could be a second sentence: Ways are connections between nodes. (or similar)

The tag section could be amended: Tags are made of a key and a value (e.g. maxspeed=50).

guess the omission of relations is intended?

Also a link to the wiki would make sense (besides the help-forum link), the wiki is our main documentation, e.g. to the beginner's section or to map features (the latter might be too much), or to the main page.

Cheers,
Martin