[OSM-talk] New users and post-edit processing (was "Making iD the default editor on osm.org)

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:25:23 UTC 2013

I also think this is a great idea. To me, the idea that we can "release" a
piece of software until it's perfect because if a new user makes a mistake
he or she will received nasty emails is fundamentally flawed. Granted,
there's a bit of hyperbole in there, but I appreciate this different view
of the issue.

As we approach the status of having "fully mapped" the world, we will
inevitably need to increasingly shift our focus to map maintenance over
creation. Granted, many people are already doing that excellently, but the
issue of map "gardening" deserves more attention so that more people can
participate and maintain and improve the quality of OSM's data.