[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Wed Aug 21 01:08:07 UTC 2013

Given that we're in the process of launching iD, we need to set some basic
guidelines so that this conversation actually results in launching iD
rather than continues to blue-sky and OT.

Thus, for something like 'is iD dangerous to use', it cannot be a question
of 'what's the most wonderful way that iD could be safe' since that is
infinite, but it should be 'is iD as safe as existing options', because
that is finite, and we have finite time.

I, like you, love to dream big. That's what the next version is for.