[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:50:29 UTC 2013

Lets get back on track again, ID as default. If we stop nitpicking, I think
ID has pretty much all that Potlatch has. In addition to that, it doesn't
use non-free software, and is really much easier for beginners to use. For
me personaly, it's much more streamlined and faster to use. Try drawing a
few roads, and see how the options for tags just present themselves to you,
one or two clicks is often enough, whereas in P2 I always find myself  in
advanced mode, writing every single key and value.

I'm for the change. It will be a big initiative for doing more work on the
editor, and could bring more developers to the team.

It really is a brilliant peace of software.

Janko