[OSM-talk] Dirt Roads in Mapnik, default render in OSM

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 14:15:32 UTC 2013

Track is used more and more for unpaved roads. Mapnik and other renderers
are probably a big reason, because they don't render
Surface<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Surface>and
Smoothness <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:smoothness> tags. I
really don't know of any renderers that show these tags. I hope the new
openstreetmap-carto stylesheet will speed up fixing this problem.

BTW osrm.at is helping in this campaign, because it doesn't route through
tracks (although I'm not sure if it takes Surface and Smoothness tags into
account).

Janko