[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sun Aug 25 09:54:49 UTC 2013

Am 25.08.2013 11:42, schrieb Paul Norman:
>> From: Peter Wendorff [mailto:wendorff at uni-paderborn.de]
>>>
>> If so, then sorry for that - but is there any documentation about it?
>> The API description in the wiki does not mention anything like that, so
>> IMHO it's missing there, isn't it?
>
> They upload a new version of the object with the appropriate properties.
> The more relevant call for uploading data is
> http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Diff_upload:_POST_.2Fapi.2F0.6.2Fchangeset
> .2F.23id.2Fupload.
> I don't see anything that needs adding to the documentation.

Sounds inconsistent nevertheless: updating a single object using PUT
/api/0.6/[node|way|relation]/#id is not possible when referring to a
deleted object, but updating the same object using diff is.

If nobody complains, I'll add a hint to the section referring to the
diff upload section, and a hint that diff uploads may be used for real
reverts, too.

regards
Peter