[OSM-talk] Annoucement: Poup layer beta reworked

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 11:09:29 UTC 2013

Hi Roland

Nice work! You solved a tricky issue by introducing "page [1] [2]...".

One tiny enhancement: When clicking in the upper region of the map window,
the popup is being clipped, which is an issue for good User Interaction.

I see following solutions:
1. adapt height of the popup to the remaining space (down to at least 2
items, currently it's 7)
2. leave as is but make default height of the popup smaller, perhaps to 5
items
3. pan map down automatically until popup fits into map window

I'm preferring solution 1 or 2.

In any case I would make (a) "Page [1] [2]..." uppercase and (b) include
the brackets "[1]" in the weblink to get a broader horizontal "click area".

Yours, Stefan

P.S. Note that the new G* Maps release abandoned popups (and right click)
and displays everything under the search bar - which seems to be better
adaptable to touch screens(?).