[OSM-talk] Annoucement: Poup layer beta reworked

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Thu Aug 29 19:38:50 UTC 2013

Hi

> My local Supermarket:
> http://overpass.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.38116/-2.36842
>
> If you click on it it display other objects (Bus Stop & Road) before the
> Supermarket. Is this expected behaviour?, if so, why?

It is accepted behaviour. I would love to have some fixed order and would love
even more to have all the classes sorted into categories, but it is quite a
lot and rather subjective. So I again ask you for help:

I've copied the list of known categories to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/POI_display
and would like you to reorder the different tags by priority and maybe classes
(probably "Streets", "Public transport", "Boundaries", but maybe also other
classes). Form doesn't matter, I'll bring it by hand into working JavaScript
code. I've just no justified opinion whether a leisure=pitch is more important
than a shop=chemist, and more opinions help to fix some order.

Cheers,

Roland