[OSM-talk] Port Examples, Please? (Piers, Sand Piers, Sand Breaks, Port Areas small and large)

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 06:21:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am mapping a small fishing area.  The area has 2 beaches where they park
boats, and then a small port with 2 piers.

One of the beaches is protected by 2 sand piers.

I ran into confusion when it came to the sand piers in the smaller beach
port area, and then there's larger cement piers in the main port area.

Can someone point me at some examples like this?  I'd like to see how
others have tagged these kinds of areas.

Main port : http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-6.98873/106.54131&layers=N

Smaller beach port:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-6.95334/106.44109&layers=N
--