[OSM-talk] Size of installed Database?

TorstenMohr at schleim TorstenMohr at schleim
Sat Aug 31 17:58:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

i'm about to install the latest planet.osm and i'd like to install it on an
SSD.

The bzipped XML file is approximately 31 GB of size, but how much space will i
need on an SSD for the PostgreSQL database?

I haven't bought an SSD yet and i'd like to make sure that the database will
fit on the SSD.

It would be very kind if somebody could tell me how much size an installation
takes on disk and how old their installation is (if it is not actual).

Thanks for any hints
Torsten