[OSM-talk] Bitcoin Spam

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Dec 3 23:12:15 UTC 2013

Thanks to Frederik for putting the required time together to document
what myself and others have been seeing, primarily from bitcoin edits.

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1G1 shows objects like this via overpass.

Some of the places I've been seeing exist solely as a service within a
private post office, where they may not even have a physical mailbox but
instead have their mail scanned and emailed.

OSM is great for a shop that has a physical presence ("bricks and mortar")
but we're not a general-purpose directory of online-only entities. This
is inherent in the "geo" part of "geodata".