[OSM-talk] Bitcoin Spam

Pavol Rusnak stick at gk2.sk
Wed Dec 4 10:44:56 UTC 2013

Hello!

The guy behind CoinMap here. I was invited by mgehling to join the
discussion, thanks!

Like it was said, it's correct that I don't want entities on map, that
don't have brick-and-mortar presence. Sadly lots of people think of
CoinMap/OSM as a cheap way how to advertise their e-shop/online presence.

I was and still I am removing such entries, but the interest in the
service has gone exponential and it's simply too much effort for just
me. Fortunately more people have stepped up and are doing the same thing
now.

What would probably be a good thing is to come up with a separate
subpage of CoinMap that will explain more precisely how to add a new
POI, that one has to fill in required geo-data as well and that not B&M
stuff is not wanted on CoinMap/OSM. Also probably replace the video with
sets of screenshots, because they are easier to edit in the future.

Do you want to help with the wording and/or screenshot tutorial? If yes,
what would be a preferred platform for shared editing of document?
PiratePad/GoogleDocs?

Thanks!

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,