[OSM-talk] 'Allowed data'

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:11:12 UTC 2013

2013/12/5 Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk>

> You are perfectly correct that there are more start_dates needed,

If you have one object for the pub and one for the house you don't have
this problem. A building ideally wouldn't have tags like amenity=pub, but
of course it does currently in the osm database. When you come to add a tag
like start_date or wikipedia or name it would be better to detach the
building's occupant from the building object, while for a few tags like
"architect" this might not be necessary.

For a POI occupying the whole building you can add a detached node inside
the building, or create a multipolygon-relation with the building outline
as outer member. I wouldn't suggest overlapping ways as they are really a
pita, and I also don't like the POI being part of the building outline
because it adds one node to the building as well which is really not
needed, and it remains unclear if the POI is outside or inside.

cheers,
Martin